Friday, July 30, 2021

Things I Love: Summer Edition!

It's been a while since I've done one of these! Since I'm working to embrace all things summer, I figured summer was a good topic!

Snowballs. In North Louisiana we call them snow cones. Here they are snowballs. Whatever you call them, they are the epitome of summer treats, and perfect for the hot days. (And also super cheap.) This year I've been making myself try new flavors and it's been so fun! Also, snowballs ALWAYS need condensed milk on them.

Porch time. Yeah, Louisiana is HOT in the summer. But I have a pretty high tolerance for heat and prefer heat to cold. So I've been enjoying the weather by spending time on the porch every morning. I will often make myself a cup of hot tea (along side my insulated bottle filled with ice water) and enjoy some time with Jesus.

Long days. I love the long days and try to take advantage of them with an evening walk. I also love that I have sunlight on the way to church on Wednesday nights so I can work on hand sewing or knitting while Casey drives.

Flowy dresses. I've been using this tutorial by Rosery Apparel (with a few changes) to make flowy summer dresses. I've made four so far (and thrifted a similar one) and I want to make a few more. These are the best--on hot days I don't want my clothing to touch my skin (because I will sweat and then it sticks to me and I just feel gross). They're super cute and all I have to do is add a pair of sandals and throw my hair up and I'm good to go for the day. No fuss AND I feel and look cute and cool.

Mia sandals. I'm a boot girl through and through. But my friend told me about Mia sandals so I bought a pair and OHEMGEE-- where have you been my whole life?? I've since bought two more pair and my grandma gave me a pair she didn't wear anymore. These things are SO COMFY. You can find them at places like TJ Maxx and Shoe Carnival for half the price that they sell them online. I've literally lived in my Mia sandals since May. (I prefer the sandals that do not have a piece on the back, like the Kiera and Leanna styles.)

No comments:

Post a Comment