Monday, June 25, 2018

A Taste of Hammond: Blackend Brew

Casey and I love eating at local restaurants, and we're totally blessed because there are SO MANY good ones! It makes it hard to choose where to eat because they're all so yummy! So I figured I could share some of our local restaurants on the blog!

The other day was my first trip to Blackened Brew. They're known for their burgers and beer (we don't drink, though, so we just went for burgers). Normally I just prefer a plain cheeseburger, and that's what I was planning to get, until I saw the Coffee Rub Cheese Burger. It had a burger rubbed with freshly ground coffee, pecan smoked bacon, smoked Gouda, and BBQ sauce. Oh my word, it was so flavorful and delicious!

Casey went with the "You're Bacon Me Jelly" burger. It's made with freshly ground peanut butter from the local Berrytown Produce and blackberry jam. It also has cheddar cheese and pecan smoked bacon! (Fun fact, my besties' last names are Smoak, so I keep typing "smoaked" instead of "smoked.") I stole a bite (he knows that I'm always going to ask for a bite!) and was happily surprised that I liked it! I wasn't sure how PB&J on a burger would be, but it wasn't too much. Just enough to give it a unique flavor!

I also got the parmesan truffle fries. Normally I'm not a huge fan of flavored fries, but I like to at least give them a try. But these were SO GOOD. I didn't even bother to try one of Casey's normal fries because I loved mine so much.

We've decided that this one of those places where we'd love to take people who are visiting Hammond. I know we will be back when we're craving a delicious burger!

No comments:

Post a Comment