Friday, June 22, 2018

A Little Bit of Home

I've been wanting to pick up my camera more often so yesterday I snapped a few photos around the house. I love our house! We're renting a cute old house not far from downtown, which we love! The house has the original hardwood floors, and I'm pretty sure these doors are original too. There's so much character, and we're loving adding our personal style as well.
I almost didn't take this photo because the front was so nasty, but I figured I'd love to look back on our old door one day. This afternoon I finally took a rag to the door and frames and accidentally washed off some of the paint! Oops! 

The colors of the house are... interesting. Not what I would have chosen, but the lady we're renting from loves them. I do love our cute mat though! Unfortunately, the front porch is inside our gate, so it's not used. (Well, except for by the cat, since his food bowls are there.)
Casey and I are loving incorporating more green into our home and bringing in plants! We're accumulating succulents and also snagged a Majestic Palm for $8! It was in poor condition, so we got it for a steal. We accidentally overwatered it, but are trying to learn how to take proper care of it! I'll have to get a photo of it soon. (You can see it in the background of this photo.)
The yellow bathroom. Y'all, this bathroom. That yellow tile (though I love the hexagon shape). The yellow tub. And sink. And counter. But I'm truly learning to love it. The white curtain and rug from Target help break up the yellow at least a little bit. Also, I took some tips from The Home Edit and completely reorganized our bathroom cabinet using some adorable bins and boxes I scored at TJ Maxx and Target! I thought I'd really hate the bathroom when we moved in (Casey actually thought I'd give the house a "no" because of it), but it's not as bad as I thought it would be! 
Last, but certainly not least, is our coffee station! For some reason I've always wanted to have a coffee station, and I was thrilled to inherit the family Singer sewing machine which was the perfect coffee cart! One day I'd love to have my coffee mug collection displayed on the wall behind it (see my inspiration), but in the meantime my DIY scroll looks cute! I used this tutorial.

That's it for now! Hope you have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment