Thursday, June 17, 2021

SALT 2021

SALT (Student Action Leadership Team) is my heartbeat. I've told many people and I'll say it again, I'll be on SALT until God sends me elsewhere. Perhaps He'll provide something new for me next year, in 20 years, or maybe He will allow me to be at the Louisiana campgrounds for Kids Kamp every year for the rest of my life. No matter, I will always and forever have a special place for SALT in my heart.

ALL THE THINGS went wrong:

  • planning was an actual pain in the booty (and I genuinely felt like quitting a few times)
  • we found out a few weeks before camp that ALL the dorms had damage
  • everyone had to take cold showers the first day
  • I got sick during training
  • half the SALT team, kitchen team, and office staff got food poisoning (we went through TWO bottles of Pepto Bismol in a DAY)
  • both of the evangelists wound up hurt (one literally got stitches five minutes before he went up to preach)
BUT GOD!
  • Over 250 children received the gift of the Holy Ghost evidenced by speaking in tongues for the first time. The total number including refills was over 550!
  • Multiple miracles! At least 12 are recorded, including several people being healed immediately of pain they'd had for years AND a little boy in a wheelchair getting up and walking for the first time in his life! 
  • So many beautiful testimonies from SALT about how God used SALT to show them He had a plan and purpose for them and wants to use them.
  • A beautiful spirit of unity.
  • Many learned how to listen to the voice of God and He spoke to them.
Nothing is too big for God. Yeah, we dealt with all the awful things, but God was working miracles throughout it all. He outshone the darkness. 

What a blessing it is to be a part of this team still. I've been part of this team for 11 years! I'm so grateful that God has allowed me to come back time and time again. SALT changed my life when I was a teenager, and I am here as part of the administration team because I want to give back and pass it forward. I want SALT to be the best it can be so more teenagers and young adults and children can come to camp and watch God change their life forever. Truly, all the glory is His.










No comments:

Post a Comment