Thursday, February 25, 2021

Things I Love: Thrift Finds

I've been loving the podcast Allow Us to Rethriftrodeuce Ourselves. I binged listened to it while sewing and learned soooo much about thrifting.

I thought it would be fun to share my favorite thrift finds!

Vintage Green Velvet Couch | By far the GREATEST thrift find ever... this vintage velvet green couch. Casey's mom and I were out one day and we passed a Goodwill and she mentioned they always had great stuff. So we turned the Jeep around and went back to look inside. I saw this gorgeous couch and the price tag said $200. I knew that was a great price, but we were about to go on a missions trip and I felt like I should probably not be spending money unnecessarily. I mean, we had a couch (albeit not a cute one). The manager saw me looking at it and said in passing, "I'll sell it to you for $150." Oh man. I got some more details from her and she said, "How about $125?" And I responded, "Will you take $100?" She said "I will. Good girl." So that's how I kind of accidentally bought a couch.

Also, I couldn't get ahold of Casey to see what he thought of the couch, so I just bought it and figured if he hated it, I'd sell it for at least $300. Thankfully he likes it and it is perfect in our house!

Captain America jacket | I saw this at Goodwill twice and the second time decided to pick it up for Casey. It's in fantastic condition and I think I paid about $8 for it? It's a great light-weight jacket when it's not super cold out but you still want another layer.

Candlesticks | I'd been wanting some candlesticks and decided I wanted to thrift them instead of buy them new. (I usually prefer to thrift over buying new.) I found a gold set and a silver set at that same Goodwill I got the couch (but at a later date). I think I paid $1.99 per candlestick--much better than the two I found in an antique store for $25! I want to acquire more and will continue to look for them.
Handkerchiefs | I always have handkerchiefs in my purse. They're cuter and softer and less wasteful than Kleenex. I love to pick them up at antique shops! It's fun to find ones with cute designs.
Blanket ladder | Although this one is an actual ladder! We found it at an antique store and I knew it would be the perfect place to hang cozy blankets. It also doubles as a cat toy and Tigger loves to take a nap and survey his kingdom from the top rung.

No comments:

Post a Comment