Friday, April 10, 2020

When Life Gives You Lemons

I know the correct ending to this phrase is... "make lemonade." But the thing is, I don't like lemonade. Or lemon flavored anything, other than sprite, which, to me, tastes like neither lemon nor lime. But I digress.

I think I prefer this quote: "When life hands you lemons, make something sweet." Oh why yes, I DID make this skirt! Isn't it the cutest? I love how summer-y it is, and of course I love the pink. This skirt makes me smile, which is why I've worn it like three times this week. I've needed a reason to smile this week. The world has lots of lemons in it right now, huh?

So let's take a moment to focus on the sweet instead of the lemons.

1. First off, this skirt, obviously. Which I wore today. And two days ago. And five days ago. (I'm a #ProudOutfitRepeater.)
2. We've had beautiful sunny days lately! Oh, I love the sun pouring through the windows.
3. I've been in the office/craft room/sewing room/library working for the last two weeks so I decided to let the cats come in. (They are usually banned from this room because it's where I hide the plants they try to eat.) Having the cats in there has been so fun! Tigger loves to sleep on the sewing table and jump into my lap on occasion. It's the cutest thing. I'm going to have a whole post soon devoted solely to photos of the animals in the sewing room.

4. Casey has recently gotten into cooking and baking and I am so for this. He made crawfish pasta and brownies topped with edible cookie dough this week!
I truly have a ton of things to be thankful for! So grateful to have lots of "sweet" in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment