Thursday, April 9, 2020

Flower Child

A few weeks ago Casey decided to go golfing and invited me along. Sometimes he enjoys being by himself when he golfs but a lot of times he invites me to go along. Usually I enjoy the sun while I ride in the golf cart and read a book. (And reapply sunscreen frequently because redhead.) But the other day we were the only ones out there which meant Casey wasn't being rushed to play and we could take our time.

The golf course was beautiful and there were lots of little flowers everywhere. I suppose most of them are actually considered weeds, but they're pretty, yeah? A girl I follow on Instagram who always makes flower crowns had shared a YouTube tutorial with me over a year ago and I decided it was finally time to give it a try. Any time I saw a patch of flowers, Casey would stop the golf cart and I would pick flowers to add to my flower crown. I spent a few hours, slowly picking flowers and weaving them intricately together. It was just as dreamy of an afternoon as it sounds.

Now that I know how to make them, I can actually make one pretty quickly! I made this one after we ate dinner in the park last week. There is truly something special about sitting on a picnic blanket weaving flowers together to make a crown.

Life is even better when you wear flowers in your hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment