Friday, April 17, 2020

Things I Love: Spring

It's been a while since I've done a Things I Love, so I thought I'd do another one! This is the spring edition.
Beautiful sunny days! Casey recently put screens on our windows so we can open them up without the cats escaping. Every morning, Tigger follows me to the living room and waits for me to open the window so he can hop on the windowsill. It's so nice to hear the birds and squirrels outside. I'm thinking I should get a wind chime to put outside!

Spring hand towels. It's truly the simple things sometimes, isn't it? I always keep a towel hanging by the sink and I picked up some cute spring ones right after Valentine's Day. They make me smile when I dry my hands.
Handkerchiefs. Okay, this is a weird one but hear me out. I have allergies and find myself blowing my nose a lot in springtime. I recently started carrying cute vintage handkerchiefs in my purse. My Gramma gave me some that belonged to her, her mother, and her grandmother. So special! I've also picked some up at antique shops. They are softer than tissues and too cute to boot! Why doesn't everyone carry handkerchiefs anymore? I don't know why, but my bestie Julianne and I are bringing them back. (Above picture is some things I thrifted last month.)
Picnics in the park. This goes along with beautiful sunny days. A few times a week we walk to downtown and pick up food at a local restaurant, then take it to the park and have a picnic. We have so many great local restaurants within walking distance of our house, and we love to support them! We're happy than many of them are remaining open right now thanks to pick up and to-go options.

Meeting neighbors. Because everyone is mostly staying home right now, so many people are enjoying the weather on walks, bike rides, gardening. We've had the pleasure of meeting some of our neighbors (while remaining distant) and it's been so nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment