Thursday, December 24, 2015

Christmas Eve Traditions

Christmas Eve and Christmas Eve Eve are almost just as good as (and maybe even better than) Christmas day. 

Christmas Eve Eve is, of course, December 23 (the eve of Christmas Eve), and Eloise is the one who brought it to my attention. I love Eloise, as do my mom and Auntie. So it is only appropriate to watch Eloise at Christmastime on Christmas Eve Eve, which we did last night. It is adorable and features Julie Andrews as Nanny, so it is a favorite!


And now it is Christmas Eve. I'm currently sitting in my mom's chair, which is the ultimate. She has carefully crafted the perfect relaxation chair, and anything I could possibly need is in reach. Chapstick, Kleenex, mini fan, pens, emery board, scissors, lotion, charging station, remote, trashcan, salt. If I stretch really far I can also reach an orange. And, probably most important, she has a picture of the two of us.

I've always loved Christmas Eve because my mommy has always let me open up an early present--my Christmas pajamas. When I was little, she always got me a matching top and bottom, then as I got older and decided I didn't like the matching set, she let me pick out my own. 



In just a little while, we're heading out to hear my best friend Julianne sing in a choir for a 10:30 service (the grandma in me is cringing at the late hour), so I asked if I could open my PJs before we left. "The thing is..." my aunt started, "is that we forgot to mark which present is your pajamas." So we knew that my pajamas were in a shirt box, and that all of the presents wrapped in Minnie Mouse paper were mine. Third time's a charm, so after opening up a box of leggings and one containing a collector's edition magazine featuring The Hunger Games cast (I like to buy magazines about the current "in" thing to one day give my future daughter), I found my PJs! 



Then I gave mommy her PJs, but I'm not allowed to post any photos because her hair was in rollers. And then I gave Auntie some fuzzy socks, and Auntie let me open a present--a super cute headband! And then we let Oxford open a present, and then I put the bow on Oxford. All in all, a successful Christmas Eve, and it's not over yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment