Saturday, December 19, 2015

A Weekend of Christmas

I just love the Christmas season. I love the music, the movies, the glitter, the happiness. I love warm fires and drinking hot chocolate by the Christmas tree. I love the Christmas lights in the neighborhood and that Santa comes by on the firetruck to pass out candy to the kids. It's a magical time of year.

Last weekend, I joined my sweet, hilarious, beautiful friend for a Christmas banquet at church. We had a blast getting all dressed up and eating strawberry salad, roast beef and potatoes, and bread pudding from Bistro to Go. Normally I work as a server at church banquets, so it was definitely strange being on the other side of things being served instead of serving. 


The next evening, we went to the Strand for a Christmas Gala put on by a nearby college. I had no idea what I was going to, but the tickets were only $10, and, quite frankly, I'd pay $10 just to go inside and wander around the gorgeous Strand. Turns out, the gala was amazing with beautiful singing and dancing, and I truly enjoyed myself.


dress: LuLaRoe | tights: Dillard's | watch: Kate Spade (an early Christmas gift from my sweet Mama K) | shoes: don't remember
Obviously I'm no good at this fashion blogger thing.


After the gala, Faith and I parted ways and I joined my mom and her friends for dinner at the Cheesecake bistro, where I enjoyed crawfish ravioli. Oh so yum. While we were  on the Boardwalk for dinner, it began to "snow"! (Bubbles. It began to snow bubbles. This is Louisiana, where bubbles are the closest thing we get to snow.) My Auntie snapped some pics of me playing in it. 


I'm a firm believer of being a kid at heart. Which probably explains why I've been wearing my pink sequined Santa hat all day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment