Thursday, October 20, 2022

Thrift Haul #2

I've only done one of these "thrift haul" posts but honestly I don't thrift a lot anymore. Or shop much anymore. There's not really anything I need, and I'd rather put my money towards sewing supplies. But I do still get a thrill from thrifting, and the other day I hit up a church garage sale that a friend told me about and I got two incredible pieces.


This ceramic Christmas tree was the first amazing piece I saw. I have a vintage ceramic Christmas tree that was made my my great aunt many years ago, and I pull it out every Christmas. A few years ago, I noticed that these were making a comeback, and now you can buy them new at Walmart for about $60. Although a vintage one can run you a pretty penny. I found one on Etsy for over $300.

This one is a vintage one AND it's handmade--it has the maker's name and date etched into the base. And... AND... it was only $5. FIVE DOLLARS. Since I already have one and had no need for another, I send a text to the besties group chat and asked if anyone wanted it. Sarah did so I picked it up for her. This is a stunning piece and I know she will cherish it. 


Next up I found this adorable picnic basket. Now I have a picnic basket that was my mom's and it's older than me, but it's a very different style and I thought this one was so quaint. It came complete with cutlery, two crystal champagne glasses (which we used for sparking grape juice), a cutting board, and a beautiful vintage tablecloth and napkins (not pictured--I hadn't washed them yet when we went on our picnic). And how much was it? Three dollars.





No comments:

Post a Comment