Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Life Lately Brain Dump

Just a few things about life lately!

SALT. I've been a part of SALT since 2011 and it's one of my favorite things in the world. Planning has been ongoing for the last few months and now it's crunch time. Between handling stuff for SALT and making sure we're prepped and ready (HOW did we just realize that Casey doesn't even have a week's worth of pants??), volunteer days, and trying to finish a wedding quilt (for Sarah and Zach who got married 2 months ago)... things are busy!

Easy Dinners. That's what's on the menu. Sandwiches, spaghetti, hot dogs, grilled cheese. I keep reminding myself it's just a season, and the important thing is to feed my family.

Name what matters. This is a principle I've learned from the Lazy Genius (Kendra Adachi) and it's been helping me so much. Like with easy dinners. What matters during this season of life? Not fancy meals, not healthy meals. Just... meals. As someone who would love to have more veggies and variety in her meals, it felt like a fail to admit that those just can't be my priorities right now. But man, how good it feels to just let myself be okay with "feed my family." 

The Lazy Genius. I. Am. Obsessed. Ob-sessed. I don't remember how I found her podcast last year, but I listened to a few episodes then borrowed The Lazy Genius audiobook from my library. It was so good and I loved her principles. Now I follow her on instagram, listen to a few of her podcasts a week while I do chores, and her newest book, The Lazy Genius Kitchen, will be delivered to my doorstep today. Applying her principles "Name What Matters" and "The Magic Question" are helping me to prioritize things. I'm on the waiting list for The Lazy Genius audiobook because I want to give it another listen. 

Sewing. I'm stealing moments here and there to sew. I finished my strawberry dress and it might just be my most favorite thing I've ever made. I need to make another Currently Sewing post. Those are a great way for me to keep up with what I've made and need to work on. My current goal is to finish Sarah and Zach's wedding quilt in the next week and a half. I have some extra time this week so I hope to at least get a good amount done on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment