Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Florida Trip Part 1

Casey and I went to Florida last month for a wedding and I wanted to share photos from our trip! I brought the DSLR and made a purpose of pulling it out and using it as much as I could. As much as I love the convenience of my iPhone, there is nothing like beautiful, high quality photos! (Though I'm sharing a mix of both here.) Plus I enjoy taking them. The editing, however, I don't enjoy as much, which is why I'm the worst at sharing photos when I DO take them!

I have lots of photos so I'll share them over a few posts.

We woke up really early on Friday morning and left Louisiana with the goal of making it to the beach so we could watch the sun set. It was totally, absolutely worth it. And there was also a rainbow!
Once it got dark, we made our way to a restaurant on the beach where I had the best coconut shrimp of my life. Seriously. All coconut shrimp from now on won't be able to compare, I'm afraid.

After dinner, we of course had to get dessert. We saw a super cute ice cream shop called The Mint Fox when we were walking to dinner, and I told Casey we had to go back. We got yummy ice cream made in-house and also a big cookie!
After dessert, we went to our AirBNB, which we shared with some of our friends. Paige (check out her blog!) bought the stuff to make key lime pie, and then we learned that our definition of "completely stocked kitchen" is not the same as other people's version. I mean, WE would like to think that a fully stocked kitchen came with a KitchenAid mixer (alas, we knew not to hope for such), but we thought there would at least be measuring cups and a whisk. No such luck.

We had to get super creative. Like, REALLY creative. See that gorgeous meringue? We made that WITH A FORK. Let me say that again in case you didn't get it the first time.
WITH.
A.
FORK.
It took us about an hour taking turns whisking furiously. 

It was so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment