Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Living Life




dress: Dainty Jewells
cardigan: TJ Maxx
tights: Claire's
shoes: Belk

Today I:
  • Forgot to push "Submit" on my Starbucks app, which I didn't realize until I showed up to Starbucks and there was no coffee waiting for me. 
  • Made my own coffee drink at work with coffee, milk, chocolate syrup (we keep it for ice cream emergencies), and ice. And I survived without my Starbucks.
  • Took a nap outside in a hammock.
  • Ate a ridiculous amount of yummy stuff (brownies, mac and cheese, cheeseball, bacon, blackberries, sour cream and onion wavy chips, and Smores).
  • Cuddled with Oxford. (Until he ran off to take care of very important business--i.e. barking at the neighbors.)
  • Blogged! 
Perhaps the last one was obvious without my mentioning it, but it's really quite exciting. I've been giving so much of myself to other people (which I love!), but sometimes I need to sit down and do something for me. And here I am! 

Earlier I was browsing Pinterest and kept running across articles about Making Your Blog Better, and they were inspiring. I love to read those kinds of articles--it makes me want to blog, which means they totally do their job! I still have lots of work to do around here--I'm none too happy with my current header (it was an experiment in Illustrator, which I'm new at), and I'd love to make some custom buttons. One day I'll get there. 

I've been trying to schedule myself a date with myself at Starbucks some Saturday to do some blog work and photo editing, but then I keep volunteering myself for things! I'm totally loving it, though. Life is fun, and I'm enjoying every bit of it.



2 comments:

  1. Girl, your hair is gorgeous and I looove the outfit as well :)
    Ditto on the blog design thing, that was my goal for this weekend as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you so much! I'd love to spruce up the blog, but, goodness, LIFE! lol. It's just not on my list of priorities. But it is on the to-do-eventually list!

      Delete