Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Joy - My Word for 2023

It's already 2023. Goodness. We are living in the future.

I've been reflecting on the past year, as one does come new year.

Honestly, 2022 had a lot of suckiness. I dealt with a lot of personal stuff that felt crippling at times. And honestly... a lot of it is still there. Which kind of sucks going into a new year. Sometimes it's hard to see the bright side of things. But the word God has been impressing upon my heart again and again since June is "joy." The irony. Joy is my name.

The other day I was reflecting on this word. Why joy? I also realized that the last six months have been some of my hardest. Maybe God was reminding me that having joy isn't reliant upon my situation.

Just a few months ago, a friend told me, "Joy is knowing you're secure in His hands when everything is going haywire."

Maybe this is the message God was trying to get across to me. Things may be haywire. I may cry more than I wish I did. But I can still find joy in Christ because He's still with me and He will never forsake me. 

This year I want to focus more on God and less on my problems. To remember I can still find joy in the trials. To remember my situation doesn't determine how big my God is.

No comments:

Post a Comment