Monday, June 20, 2022

Meals I Want to Make This Summer


We've just emerged from a hectic season of life in preparation for SALT and I had lots of volunteer shifts and work projects so we kept relying on the same quick meals again and again. And now I'm tired of them and wanting something new. Also, with summer officially beginning tomorrow, I feel like it's time to embrace the season with some new recipes. Here are some things I want to try this summer!

  • BBQ chicken legs | TBH, I'm not a big fan of chicken, but this feels appropriately summer and chicken legs are budget-friendly.
  • That famous pasta sauce 
  • Naan pizza (idea from The Lazy Genius)
  • White Chicken Enchiladas | I actually made some of these recently but wasn't a fan of the recipe, so I want to try a different recipe.
  • Taco salad | I'm honestly getting sick of having tacos on the rotation, but having it as a salad... yes please.
  • Bruschetta with ricotta | I had bruschetta once in high school and that's the only time I've ever had it but I really liked it. So why not make it at home??
  • Burgers and fries | We don't have a grill so this is not something that's ever been on my menu rotation. But there are other way to cook burgers. Also I used to be a person who only made things from scratch and that's just not the kind of person I currently am. So I've never bought frozen fries. But I think it's time. 
  • Chili dogs | This is something we recently added to the menu rotation and it's gonna stay!

No comments:

Post a Comment