Tuesday, November 9, 2021

My Plan to Tackle Winter Blues

It's that time of year where it turns dark at like, 5:00, and I am NOT here for it. I like my long, sunny days! I'm very grateful that I am blessed to work from home, so I do, in fact, get to enjoy the sunshine streaming through the windows during the day, plus I find myself outside several times a day with the dogs. Short, winter days were the worst when I worked a typical eight-to-five job, so I'm definitely counting my blessings. Still, I do not like this getting-dark-early business. 

How to combat the winter blues? I'm trying to romanticize coziness in my home. Here's my plan of attack!

  • A cozy glow | Come evening, we do not turn on the overhead lights in the living room or our bedroom, but rather we just light a few lamps for a cozy glow. Once the Christmas tree is up, the lights will just add to the cozy feel! I also love to light candles. Truly, setting the atmosphere with lights makes a huge difference.
  • Cozy blankets and quilts | While the blankets and quilts live on the blanket ladder all year, it's during the cold months that they truly get utilized. There's nothing better than curling up on the couch in a fuzzy blanket or lovely quilt. 
  • Hot drinks | We have ingredients for hot apple cider AND hot chocolate and I've been enjoying both frequently since temperatures have started dropping. I'm sure I'll soon find myself on a hot tea kick again, too.
  • Faux fireplace | We do not have a fireplace, but I love putting a fireplace recording on the TV! Even though it's not real, I love hearing the crackling and it adds to the cozy lights.
  • Comfy jammies | I've been in SUCH a cozy jammies mood in the last few months and have acquired a few new pair. I just love to put on warm jammies and socks and read under a blanket before bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment