Thursday, July 9, 2020

Summer Sweets


There's something so magical about summer treats--ice cream, shakes, popsicles, snowcones (called snowballs here in South Louisiana but I still haven't gotten used to that). Funnily enough, I hardly ever eat these sort of things, but I'm glad I married a guy who loves that kind of stuff so I don't miss out. Turns out, my favorite summer treat is a yummy scoop of ice cream in a waffle cone. I've been on a mint chocolate chip kick lately, which is the ultimate refreshing flavor, especially when it's super hot out. And it's Louisiana. It's always hot out.

Casey learned about a milkshake food truck coming to town so obviously we had to check it out. And check that OUT. It was soooo messy but still yummy. (Nothing, however can ever compare to The Yard. That place spoiled me.) It was nice to just sit on the back of the car in a Mexican restaurant parking lot while ice cream and chocolate dripped everywhere as we tried to eat it before it could melt. Even messy can be magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment