Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Mini Review: Skin Balm Apothecary

I thought it would be fun to do a little review on some products I've tried from Skin Balm Apothecary. I found them on Instagram last year and thought it sounded like a really awesome company--all their products are organic! I've purchased (and repurchased) a few of their items and wanted to share my thoughts here!

Peppermint Lip Balm | I originally purchased the Balm Quad, so I got to try all three lip balm flavors: peppermint, peppermint orange, and orange and lavender. My absolute favorite is the peppermint. (I wasn't a huge fan of the other two.) Peppermint lip balms are my go-to, and I am always stocked up on Dr. Bronner's peppermint balm. BUT the SBA peppermint balm is EVEN MORE PEPPERMINT-Y! Which I LOVE. I think I've purchased like 4 or 5 of these over the last year or so. (My mom just bought me a few more!) My only problem with it (not really a problem, more of a nuisance) is that the twist thing at the bottom of the tube twists inside my purse, so sometimes I open the top to find the lip balm pushed really high.

The Eye Balm | I feel like this is the product with the cult-like following. It is to be used around the eyes to promote skin health and to help with eyebrow and eyelash growth. Many claim it also helps with bags under the eyes. I can't make such bold claims, but I do like it. I don't wear mascara, but I can tell it makes my eyelashes at least look a little longer, and it helps them stayed curled longer if I decide to curl them. At $15 per tube, it's not a must-have in my skin care routine, but it's nice to have!

Revive Clay Mask | I don't use this mask as much as recommended, but I do like it when I use it! I really need to get in the habit of doing a face mask a few times a week. I always make sure to moisturize (I use organic jojoba or almond oil) after using it.
I want to try the Blemish Balm (it reduces redness and inflammation) and also the Purifying Collection. While the products are pretty pricey, it's because they are organic, which is really awesome! Chelsea, the owner, often pops on Instagram to explain the importance of organic skincare, and it has really got me wanting to use more organic skincare products (hence the organic jojoba and almond oils I use for moisturizer). It's nice to know I can get quality, organic skincare products from this reputable company!

No comments:

Post a Comment