Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Secondhand September Update

Howdy! (I'm from Texas, I'm allowed to say that.)

How is it already September 25? Where did September go?

Unfortunately September in South Louisiana has been HOT. Today was 93 degrees outside. Needless to say, it feels like fall is very far away. But every once in a while a nice little breeze will come through and a few leaves will fall off the trees and I'm reminded that autumn IS on it's way. Just maybe not as fast as I would like it. Oh, I just can't wait to wear my tights and boots!

Remember how I was going to only thrift clothing this month for the #SecondhandSeptember challenge? Well, um... in the spirit of honesty... I bought a few things that aren't secondhand. I don't regret my purchases, but I do feel bad that of course I made them during the month I said I wouldn't.

(One purchase was a top I've had my eye on for a month or so now at a local clothing store. I was afraid they'd sell out of my size if I waited until October to get it! The other was at Dirt Cheap, where I bought a pair of gray boots and a pair of black boots that are the exact same style as my pink boots I bought at Target last year and wear ALL the time. I've already worn both pairs--I love that they are cute AND comfy!)

One thing I've definitely wanted to do this month is highlight my secondhand items and show that thrifted and secondhand items can be stylish and cute! I've been sharing pics on my Instagram stories when I think to take photos. And I want to share them here too!

I wore a vintage scarf and purse to dinner a few weeks ago. The scarf was found at an antique store and the purse was from my Gramma.
Speaking of vintage scarves, I also got this one at the antique shop. How fun and cute is this print?
 I love the color of this thrifted skirt. It also has POCKETS!
Saving the best for last... this vintage dress... that belonged to my mom! I'm so glad she saved it. She, however, was much tinier than I am. The cardigan is hiding the fact that the zipper doesn't completely zip all the way. (But no one was the wiser!) This is the best twirling dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment