Saturday, August 31, 2019

Things I Love August

Well it's the last day of August... the last few hours, even... and I realized I haven't been here in a while. Then I realized that today was the last day I could do a "Things I Love" post for this month. So here I am!

I'm currently visiting family and friends in my hometown (well, my college town, which I consider my hometown, especially since all my family moved here after I graduated!) and I'm so enjoying my little visit! If I remember, I'll have to share a post about it.
The Old Louisiana State Capitol | I was able to go here for the first time a few weeks ago for a wedding. It was simply stunning! The sun poured through the stain glass window and made rainbows in the bride's veil. I have to admit, I totally zoned out on everything being said once I saw the rainbow veil! It was beautiful.
Black milk tea | Whilst in Baton Rouge for the wedding, I had some time to waste before the wedding and decided to try out Teatery. I've been on the hunt for black milk tea that tastes like what I had in Singapore, and this is the closest I've found. I loved it! I was a little disappointed that they didn't have the white boba, but I was thrilled with the taste of the tea. Can't wait to go back!
Camping | Maybe this should go on the like list, not the love list. Ha! I should really write a post about our first camping trip a few weeks ago. It was interesting to say the least. Interesting and HOT. We had so much fun though, and can't wait for cooler temps to do it again!

Vintage scarves and hankies | Hair scarves are all the rage right now, and I wear one to work every day. I have to wear a polo shirt (ugh), but I make it my own with a fun skirt, cute shoes, and hair scarf. I've recently found a few vintage ones while perusing antique shops! (I got 4 today!) I've also been loving vintage hankies. For some reason, I just really want to be someone who carries a pretty hanky. I've been grabbing up cheap ones and plan to wash them and start carrying them in my purse at all times. I just feel like they could come in so handy!
CATcus scratching post | When I saw this adorable scratching post, I knew we had to make one for Tigger! I've been wanting to get him one, but I didn't like the look of any of them. But this one is too cute! Casey and I had a Home Depot date to buy the supplies, then he made it! Tigger ignored it for a few days, but once he realized it was his and he could climb and scratch it, he loved it. He plays on it and also uses it as a lookout post to stare at the squirrels outside.


I feel like these posts bring out my exclamation points. I guess that's how you know I really love all this stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment