Friday, September 15, 2017

A Weekend Full of Fancy


Brunch at the English Tea House? You never have to ask me twice. With hundreds of flavors of tea and delicious food, I will always say yes. The only problem? It's like five hours away. BUT it is also near my boyfriend. (HIM being five hours away is obviously the bigger problem.) So I find myself there sometimes.


For my birthday weekend, brunch was even sweeter, because my besties and I turned it into a girls' road trip! And no, we did not only go for tea. For some reason we all decided to date guys who live in that area. We decided in advance to make this outing more special than normal by dressing up. Thankfully the boyfriends are really awesome and were totally okay with this.


Julianne has an eye for vintage like no one else, so she brought along some pretty vintage pieces for me to try on, and I loved this orange dress. It's definitely not my norm by any means. I rarely wear orange nor do I usually wear that style of dress. But for a special day, why not? She also lent me a cute hat that kept falling off my head. Oops.



The owner of the tea room was so excited to see a group of young people all dressed up and enjoying her establishment. She came to us and asked if she could take a group picture of us. "Perfect. Absolutely perfect," she said. I half expected her to cry! Then she gave us a gift card to use next time we go. I thought that gesture was so sweet! We will most definitely be back!


After the tea room, we went to a few antique shops in the area, then Casey and I went to Oak Alley Plantation. It was supposed to be a surprise, but he ended up telling me about it. Didn't matter though, because I was excited to go! It was so beautiful. The first thing we did was walk to the end of the alley of oak trees. The trees are around 300 years old and they're expected to live another 300 years! We enjoyed a late lunch on the property and took a tour of the house. The history behind it is truly fascinating!



We ended the night with pizzas made by Julianne, her sister Rose, and her boyfriend, Caleb (who is Casey's brother). Also there were two little puppies that we played with. They were the actual cutest and were so tiny we put them in a coffee cup. A "puppuccino" if you will.

I'm so grateful to have such amazing friends and a sweet boyfriend who made it a fun weekend. I'm already ready for the next one!


No comments:

Post a Comment