Monday, May 22, 2017

The Monday-est of Mondays


Today was a Monday. You know what I'm talking about. When Monday is the epitome of Mondays. That was today for me. I had too much to do. It was overwhelming me. It was raining. Monday.

Poor Casey just let me rant and complain to him. He offered me very good advice. I got mad at him because what he was saying was very true and I needed to hear it, even though I didn't want to.

After I got off the phone with him this afternoon, I had a good cry, sat down and got some of that to-do list done (it wasn't nearly as much as I had over-imagined it being), then spent some time talking to God. Then I found myself reading my journals. I have several. One of them is my personal journal where I write about what's going on in my life. The other one is labeled "God-captured thoughts." I use this journal to write prayers and anything I feel God is telling me or led me to during prayer and Bible reading.

After reading through both journals, the thing I realized is that God has never let me down. He takes care of me. He may not always answer my prayers the way I want them answered, but He takes care of things in His own way (and timing). It always comes back to... TRUST HIM.

Trust is my word for the year. Last year I realized I wasn't near as good at trusting God as I thought I was. And it's still a journey. A daily journey. Giving everything to God every day. Making sure I don't try to take back things and try to control my life myself. As it turns out, God is a whole lot better at running my life than I am!

The day ended on a high note. Through prayer and reflection upon how God has always come through for me, I was able to adjust my attitude. A few hours later, I called Casey back and we had a long phone call where he pointed out some really cool stuff in the Bible I'd never realized and spent lots of time reminding me he's always there for me. (I have a really amazing boyfriend.) Also I ordered a new Bible that I'm really excited about.

Monday, you won't conquer me. I've got Jesus on my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment